Monday 1 June 2015

Spring turning into Summer

Well I say Spring turning into Summer...Summer is definitely here, you can tell.  It's the first of June and hammering down with rain outside,the fire is lit and we are expecting 42mph gusts of winds later - great fun on a canal boat, I think not!

In complete contrast to that, a local walk I did on Saturday was so beautiful and full of nature that this blog is just dedicated to the photos I took.  Enjoy!
 Bee collecting nectar:
 Lots of damsel flies were around, presumably just hatched and drying in the sun;
 Ferns uncurling:
 Dog with frisbee amongst ferns....
 Hawthorn blossom:
 Ferns unfurling:
 Oh and we have some new baby calves in the field.  They are grouping together whilst they learn their place amongst the other heifers in the field:

Well, that's a bit of sunshine - I'm off to walk the dog in the rain...!

No comments:

Post a Comment